Read the full article at: edition.cnn.com
Everybody loves barbeque (well almost), and Trip Advisor has published a list of the best barbeque restaurants in the United States. The review site created its top 10 list by looking at barbecue restaurants with a minimum of 100 reviews and ranked them based on the volume and quality of reviews. Chains with more than 10 locations were excluded and more weight was given to reviews given within the past year. Not only did Trip Advisor rank the top barbeque restaurants, it ranked the top 10 states for barbeque.
Here’s 2015’s top 10 barbeque restaurants in American according to Trip Advisor:
- Joe’s BBQ — Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que — Kansas City, Kansas
- Bogart’s Smokehouse — St. Louis, Missouri
- Reuben’s Smokehouse — Fort Myers, Florida
- Andy Nelson’s Southern Pit BBQ — Cockeysville, Maryland
- Captain’s BBQ — Palm Coast, Florida
- HogsHead Café — Richmond, Virginia
- Buck’s Smokehouse — Destin, Florida
- Franklin Barbecue — Austin, Texas
- Pappy’s Smokehouse — St. Louis, Missouri
Tennessee ranked as the No. 1 state for barbeque, based on the volumn of reviews, the quality of ratings for its restaurants, as well as the total number and percentage of restaurants that it had that were classified as barbeque.
Here’s 2015’s list of the best states for barbeque in America:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- New York
If barbeque is your passion, consider owning your own restaurant. You can find a number of barbeque restaurants for on BizBuySell. Or if you prefer more of a turn key approach, you can also find barbeque franchises, such as Dickey’s on BizBuySell.
“Travel review site TripAdvisor weighs in on the great finger-lickin’ barbecue debate with picks for the best states for BBQ as well as 10 top restaurants.”